So as I explored topics to blog about for this semester, I was thrilled to take the opportunity to express my many concerns for the attitudes and actions of today's youth. I'm just oozing with complaints. As I walk the lovely halls of the majestic Lloyd C Bird High School, I can't help but think to myself, "What the heck? What is going on in your precious little head?" So why not blog about the outrageous things I see? The point of this is not, by any means, to hurt anyone's feelings. This I promise. I will never directly address or point anyone out; my goal is to help you. If you one day find yourself, or have found yourself in the past, doing the things I'm going to talk about, please do us all a favor and never do it again in your fabulous life! So without further ado, here are the things you should never do...
I was walking down the hall the other day, just peacefully strolling to my next class when, wham! I smacked right into the girl in front on me. I know it's happened to all of you, too. My books fell to the floor; I had a face full of her hair. It was fantastic. Being as goofy as I am, I just chuckled, apologized and started to pick up my books. All the sudden the girl turns around, rolls her neck WHILE rolling her eyes (impressive!), and sucks her teeth at me. Then came the good part. She said to me, "Excuse you."
What? Are you kidding? No, that is not ok. That is never ok! The wonderful young woman who I was having this exchange with had actually stopped dead in her tracks during my stroll in the hallway. She'd stopped to hug some boy, which I would normally never have a problem with. I do not care one bit if you want to get your "boo" on. Just please don't come to a sudden halt when hundreds of kids are walking behind you, and certainly don't blame them when they run into you. There was no need for the attitude; I just wanted to get to my AP Calculus class in peace. I recognize that she may have been having a bad day, but that was ridiculous. It wasn't even my fault; it was hers, but still I only gave her a smile.
Why do you feel the need to always have an aggressive attitude?
My point, fellow students, is that you should just put a little love in your hearts.
That is all.
I definitely agree! It is crazy how many times this happens on a daily basis. Looking forward to reading next weeks!
ReplyDeleteHaha. This is great Sarah. Someone needs to say what everyone is thinking. It gets to everyone at some point. Even the people who manage to do it get bothered when it happens to them. I hope you pointing out the problem will help decrease bothersome hallway habits.
ReplyDeleteThis happens to me all of the time, I hate when people get attitudes for their own faults. It's ridiculous, this is an amazing blog, can't wait to read next weeks.
ReplyDeleteSarah, your blog is AMAZING. I cannot tell you how many times something like this has happened to me. I hate it so much. I guess that's what we get for going to bird though. At least it gives you great things to blog about!
ReplyDelete