Fighting...
This week, fellow students and human-beings, I think I'll share some nuggets of wisdom with you. I know you're probably thinking to yourself..."Well Sarah, what have you been doing for the past two weeks?! I feel wiser just reading your blog!"
My response to you would be thank you. However, this week it's gonna be good.
I was walking into the school this morning. All coffeed up and ready for a full six hours of learning. I was pumped; let me tell you. All of the sudden I heard the enchanting screeches of four delightful young women. Congratulations to them; they then had my attention.
I do not know who, what, or why they were yelling and about to engage in a physical altercation, but I'll have you know, it made me furious. Who in their right mind does that? I don't know about you, but the only thing I want to punch at seven o'clock in the morning is my alarm clock. Who is even alert enough that early in the morning to get angry and fight? It's just not normal.
It's not normal at all. I'll be frank with you, I've always found the whole idea of fighting to be a tad bit idiotic. It's so strange to me and weirdly barbaric. We've come a long way since cavemen, but for some reason high school students like to revert back to their ancestors. Fighting literally makes me think of hairy men sitting around a fire scratching their armpits. The idea that the solution to someone angering you is to prove your physical dominance over them is so silly to me. We are not barbarians. I really wish people who have differences would have like a battle of the brains instead of punching each other. To me, that makes more sense.
If someone calls me a bad name, first of all I wouldn't care (I don't value other people's options enough to let that bother me), but secondly, I wouldn't want to prove them right by fighting them! My reaction would be to prove them wrong. Call me a dumb prostitute; ok, I got you. Let's compare IQ scores! A girl steals your boyfriend, then go find a hotter boyfriend. Proving them wrong is the best revenge you could ever have. All fighting will get you is a bad reputation, 10 days out of school, a black eye, and possibly jail time. Want to really throw someone off? Give them a hug when they're trying to pound your face in. Keep it classy, not trashy.
The problem is that these days you children care too much what people think. You're entirely too insecure. There is a disgusting and overwhelming obsession with the word "disrespect." If someone feels disrespected, they flip out. Be your own person! Stand your ground and know that you are golden! Then nothing anyone could say to you would make you mad. Then the whole school would be full of rainbows and butterflies!
Why do you feel the need to hurt each other?
That is all.
Agree! I feel like people these days care entirely too much about what others think about them. What ever happened to people just being their own person? I don't know about you, but the last thing I want to do is live my life based on someone else's standards for me!
ReplyDeleteHAHAHA I love that I can hear your voice; like you're speaking directly to me
ReplyDeletePeople care too much about what others think. I know I don't care what anyone thinks, I am who I am. I love the person I am and that's all that should matter. I don't know why people result to violence to solve their problems. Violence is never the answer, and it doesn't solve anything. It only makes people want revenge if then end up getting hurt.
ReplyDeleteThis is perfect Sarah! I completely agree with you on everything you said. The people in our school seriously need a reality check. They're either legal adults, or about to be, it's time they start acting like it! Sadly that would be too good to be true. Keep posting. I LOVE your blog!
ReplyDelete