Thursday, April 11, 2013

*!!SPECIAL EDITION!!*

Hi. It's me again, the complainer.

This week may come as a disappointment to you guys, but this is something I have to get off my chest. I know a lot of you come to this blog to read my mean rants about my schoolmates, but I'm really not a mean person.

I'm actually becoming weighed down by all the negativity flowing from my finger tips. I also feel like I'm coming across as extremely judgmental and a bit stuck-up. I'm not.

Granted, there are a lot of things I don't like about Bird, however, there are many redeeming qualities about the fantastic school I've spent the last four years in. In this week's blog, I'd like to highlight them.

We are incredibly diverse. It's gotten to the point where a person's race isn't even noticed. On any given day, I can walk down the hall and see a black person, an Asian, and a Hispanic all walking together past me. I think that's a beautiful thing. We don't segregate. Cliques don't even exist at Bird.

We have the best football team in the entire world. Yeahhhhh, go skyhawks!

The teachers are very dedicated to help the students succeed.

We have tons of school spirit.

I go there, can't really top that.

I've found that when kids get around each other, they lose their common sense and forget the manners their mommas taught them. Most importantly, I've realized that when you get them one on one, you find out that they are an individual. They are awesome. I think every student at Bird is so special and has mountains of potential, it's just when they get around other people is when they make me want to throw and punch things.

I just wanted to clear things up.

That is all.









5 comments:

  1. I do love bird, especially this year. I'm actually a little sad to be leaving it. I've made great friends with the teachers not just the students. I really appreciate the culture around the school and I love how everyone, well most students don't judge. Bird is really a welcoming school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I could go on and on about all of the things that I dislike about our school, but in all reality my experience at Bird has been great. The wide diversity is one of the very first things that I noticed when I walked in the scary open doors my first day of freshman year. Unlike most schools, we don't separate ourselves from others based on how we dress, talk, or all the other total nonsense. All of the teachers and many of the students are open to taking others in and that really means a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bird is the best and the worst school at the same time, but at the end of the day I wouldn't want to go anywhere else. I completely agree with you Sarah! We have a lot of bad things, but the good out weighs the bad. Most of the time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree. When I first walked into this school four years ago, I couldn't imagine going to school here, and I shuddered at the thought. Now, I can't imagine leaving. I've met some amazing people over these past four years, and I can't bear the thought of leaving them and never seeing them. Your comment about diversity is completely true: at lunch, I sit with an Indian kid, a black girl, a country girl, and anybody else you can imagine. Bird is one of the most diverse schools, if not the most, in Chesterfield County. Go Skyhawks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have also enjoyed my 4 long years at Bird and I have a lot of things I like and don't like. But I have learned to look at the positives because if a person looks at the negatives they can become a negative person. I probably will miss some of the things at Bird when I graduate. But I will always have those memories to look back on.

    ReplyDelete