Friday, March 29, 2013

Typical

Ladies and Gents.

I'm going to give a shoutout to the lovely couples at Lloyd C Bird. This includes those people who are "talking," people who are acting like they're dating, potential couples, and those who are brave enough to change their relationship statuses on Facebook, all of you.

Pretty much, I want to address any and all male/female interactions.

1) I won't spend too much time discussing this, because, to be honest, everyone and their mother likes to ramble on and on about this. However, it is a reoccurring issue.
I DO NOT WANT TO SEE ANY OF YOU PERFORMING ANY SORT OF PDA! It actually disgusts me to see your body pressed against another person's body. It's repulsive to see your tongue down their throat. Holding hands, a goodbye/hello peck, and hugs are really the only acceptable touching. I know you love your girlfriend and I know you think your boyfriend is hot, but come on. Leave the affection for personal time. It's not for everyone else to see.

2) Don't be naive. Be completely aware of the fact that in the teenage years, people are constantly changing who they are. If you have a lasting high school relationship then I am rooting for you, I promise. However, I see and hear about 4729361 break ups and broken hearts every other day. High school and college years is your time to test out and learn what type of partner you want. Learn what you like and what you don't like. Don't get your heart broken, and save yourself for the person you know is the one!

3) The way you carry yourself and present yourself speak volumes. It's crucial that if you want to seen as a respectable woman, cover it up. It's as simple as that. Gentlemen, if you want to be seen as something other than a thug, pull your pants up. I'll admit, the ladies are probably bigger offenders of the Dress Code of Being Classy than boys are. Girlfriends, guys will see you as you appear. If you like to wear skirts that barely cover up that booty and shirts that are very close to revealing something no one really wants to see, then you really aren't sending the message that you're girlfriend material. You are asking to not be respected! Don't be surprised when a guy doesn't treat you like a lady, when you can't act like one. If you are 14, don't try to look like you're 20!

4) The phrase "If you loved me, you would..." should never leave your pretty mouths! That's the worst thing I've ever heard.

5) Don't ditch your friends.

6) Don't give everything you have to anyone that will take it, if you know what I mean. Value yourself. If you get nothing else out of this fantastic blog, remember that. You are someone's dream guy/girl.

I just felt like I should speak to all of this in one blog, because I don't want it to turn into a relationship column. Just remember, never do these things again in your fabulous life. These are just my thoughts. My big issues with guys and girls in relationships.

That is all.

3 comments:

  1. You are so right, Sarah! All these couples act like they're going to get married and are going to start picking out table mats together. They still have their whole lives ahead of them, and it just makes me mad that these couples are so serious. Just slow down, you have time for relationships in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whenever I read your posts I swear I can relate to the entire post. I admire how you hit every single problem that high school relationships can cause. How you began number two on your list was really perfect. "Don't be naive." I think that's the biggest problems with the students at our school, they all need a big wake-up call on how they dress and what assumptions it will lead to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can relate to this entire thing! I know I hate seeing couples all over each other in the hall way. High school is a place to find out who you really are and not worry about relationships. I feel that some people care more about relationships than school and their educations. It's appalling and hard to watch sometimes. Keep up the good work. This blog is amazing.

    ReplyDelete