Friday, March 22, 2013

Let's Hold Hands

Hey ladies!

Listen up my lovelies.

Warning: This may get a little mushy.

I'm going to focus on you females this week because quite frankly, you're killing me. I'll just start out with the question this time; why do you feel the need to be so feisty to one another?!

To call the behavior between females an issue would be an understatement. It's a crisis situation, ladies!

"She looked at me the wrong way!" (She probably was looking past you, to tell the truth.)

"Why she walk around like she own the place?" (Maybe she does own the place; you don't know her.)

"She stole my man." (If your man wanted you, he wouldn't be with anyone else.)

"Why would she wear that?" (Because she wants to!)

I am simply baffled by the hostility that teenage girls have towards each other. You don't even give each other a chance. The judgement starts before you even learn her name! If she is pretty, you hate her. If she is loud, you hate her. If she has the same shoes, went out with the same boy, does her hair the same way as you do, you hate her. Its crazy, because most of the time, you don't even know a thing about the girl! We are all guilty of it.

I think, and this is just silly ole me, that you guys are just jealous. You're driven by the wrong things! Girls want guys. You want their attention, and you want it all to yourself. However, sweethearts, guys come and go. Whether you want to admit it or not, you feel threatened by other girls.

All I'm asking you to do is realize that you are absolutely beautiful and fantastic. Every single one of you. There's only one of you. Some other girl may have the hair you want, but you have gorgeous eyes! Maybe Shirley has the butt you wish you had, but your skin is flawless! You can't have it all. You are perfect. God custom made you; how could you not be perfect!?

You guys are GULPING the Haterade these days. Girls complain about how guys are jerks. Guess what? You're worse to each other! It saddens me to watch. Friends fall apart, cat fights break out in the hall, names get called, but for what? I just don't understand.

Please approach the next girl you meet with kindness and zero judgement. Be confident in yourself, and you'll find it easier to be accepting of other girls. I promise you'll find that there is so much more to the girls that you've hated over the years, things you never bothered to learn because you hated her right off the bat.

That is all.

7 comments:

  1. I couldn't have said it better myself! It seems like the whole jealousy issue has just gotten worse as time has gone by. If girls put as much effort into simply believing in themselves as they do worrying about everyone around them they wouldn't know what to do with themselves. Girls are mean. It's sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely perfect! It's sickening how girls really just hate each other for practically no reason. Each girl should have this handy so whenever they go to judge a girl or talk nasty about a girl they've never met, they can just realize they're jealous and hold their tongue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Sarah, you just really hit it right on the head every week!! I love your boldness, and you know just how to put the most blunt things into kind words without sugar coating everything. Your blog is awesome, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah, you are so right. It's crazy to see how friendships can never be formed because one girl judges the other before getting to know her. I know I've done this before and I've been the victim. I just think that teenage girls are full of awkwardness even though some of them don't show it. On the inside we're still figuring out who we are and I feel like that confusion is taken out on each other. It sucks, but I feel like there isn't really much we can do to change it. P.S AMAZING BLOG!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so true! girls can be so mean to each other just because another girl is better than them. All girls should just take a self esteem class because it really does just come from jealousy and not being confident in themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is too perfect! I can relate to this because sometimes I judge people before I get to know them. This really helped me understand what I should do before I judge someone before getting to know them. Sometimes it's hard though, but I can do it. Great advice, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah! It's ridiculous how mean girls can be to one another in high school.

    ReplyDelete